Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Tie-Down Close


The tie down close is used to demand an affirmative response("getting a yes")from the buyer. Almost any question can be phrased as a tie-down close. Tie downs closes usually end in "wouldn't you, couldn't you, isn't it, don't they, cant't you, etc..."
For example:
Instead of "Is it raining today?" say "It's raining today isn't it?"
Instead of "Are you local?" say "You're local aren't you?"
Instead of "have you heard of my company?" say "You've heard of my company, haven't you."
Try it with these questions below.

"Can we go to the store?."
"Do you want some cake?"
"Does that make sense?"

Be careful when using the tie down close. You must sound sincere, otherwise it will sound pushy.

If you found this article helpful, visit a sponsor for more tips!

Next time: The reverse tie-down close

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! this was very interesting! thanks for sharing this with me!

Sales Job Descriptions

Anonymous said...


Hey , I saw your answers when I was searching through the internet regarding
" how to build a good customer relationship " , I have got some questions I would like to ask
perhaps you can help me out .

Can you contact me in ssl-27@hotmail.com